A favorite at Entière Dermatology, Sculptra Aesthetic® offers natural and true volumnization as a bio-active product which stimulates your own collagen production which gradually restores and renews volume. The effect of Sculptra Aesthetic® are slower to set in than dermal fillers since Sculptra® is made of poly-L-lactic acid, a safe biodegradable and biocompatible ingredient that works by stimulating fibroblasts to make new healthy collagen on the face, chest, scars, knees, buttocks, etc.
What to Expect
- Following your treatment, our team will gently message the treatment area to ensure even distribution under the skin as well as instructions on how to perform this massage at home.
- Sculptra® builds volume over 3-5 treatment sessions spaced 6 weeks apart to slowly restore volume loss and contour your face and body with gradual improvement over 2-6 months. It can be used alone or more frequently, is used in combination with other fillers. Sculptra® is longer lasting filler with effects that can be seen for up to 2 years or more.
- Treated areas can be temporarily red, swollen, bruised, and tender for the first 2-7 days.
- Rule of 5: Massage the treated areas 5 times a day for 5 minutes for 5 days after the treatment.
- Applying ice packs in the treated areas gently throughout the day for 3-5 minutes at a time.
- Avoid strenuous activity or alcohol for the next 24 hours
- Avoid getting a facial or massage over the next one week after your procedure.
- Try to limit sleeping on your face after the treatment.