Clinical strength chemical peels are effective in treating acne, acne scarring, discoloration, sun spots, melasma, enlarged pores, fine lines, benign growths, and pre-cancerous growths. At Entière Dermatology, we customize and optimizing your chemical peels ranging from glycolic acid peels to trichloroacetic acid (TCA) peels on any part of the body including the face, arms, legs, hands, and back to remove the skin on the top layer of the skin.
What to Expect
- Redness and stinging after the treatment. Depending on the strength of the chemical peel, this varies.
- Light burning and “tightening” of the skin is expected over 2-7 days.
- Peeling can last up to 3 days to 2 weeks.
- Avoid applying makeup the day of the treatment.
- Avoid picking at the peeling skin, using an exfoliating cleanser, a scrub, or cleaning brush or towel. This can lead to more harm. Let the skin exfoliate gently on it’s own.
- Apply sunscreen every day and reapply every 2 hours.
- Use the post-treatment skincare routine.
- Avoid strenuous activity or alcohol for the next 24 hours.
- Avoid getting a facial or massage the day of the procedure.
- Once the skin is back to normal in 7-14 days, resume your regular skin care routine.